This is your result.
Your Design Type
XXXX: The Foobar
This is how your answers map to the four dimensions. You can see that they are a continuum rather than just two extremes (click on the dimension parts to learn more about it):
As this is just a coarse categorization, you may find that some adjacent type fits better to you (click on the types to see more details). The red area shows how your answers map to the types:
Print your result!
This is how the design types are distributed among those who already took part in the survey (see more at our statistics area):
- Play around with the questionnaire and see how your choices change the result
- Find out how your colleagues design software
- Explore the other design types
- Learn more about the four dimensions: simple-vs-powerful, abstract-vs-concrete, pragmatic-vs-idealistic, and technologic-vs-robust
- Read more about the whole idea
- Please give us feedback on design types, the questionnaire and your result
This categorization is by far not covering all aspects of a developer. Working style, prefered development process, people skills, and many other aspects are neglected here. That's also not the goal of this questionnaire. Rather the hope is that this structure helps you to understand how your colleagues think when they make design decisions.